First Came Love...

First Came Love...

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Mother's Day

Mother's Day!?

The day began with Jon making me breakfast!  When I say Jon (I mean Jon and me). Jon said next year when we don't have a newborn, it will be breakfast in bed.  I'm pretty positive I will remember that!!!!!!  We tried out a new french toast casserole that we plan to make up north this summer.   In addition to the yummy breakfast, I received a nice gift card for a pedicure and manicure to a new salon in downtown Milford.

Shortly after breakfast, we went to Costco (where else?!) to buy flower pots for our front porch.  Then it was time to get ready for the Mother's day party.  This party was held at our house, of course.  Second weekend in a row we hosted a party.  We always said we wanted to host parties once we had a pad big enough, and finally we do!  Thank goodness for good weather (and folding chairs)!

Can you find the new mother in the bunch....???....
I see mothers, but not the new mother...

Nope, not her...

Definitely not him...

Really?...

FINALLY...BEFORE BED I INSISTED ON MY MOTHER'S DAY SHOT!
(sadly this is the only photo of me on my first Mother's Day- yikes!)
And as for that gift card for the new salon.  I came home from work on Friday with a pedicure.  Jon asked me how I liked the salon. I didn't have the heart to lie...I went to the cheap Asian spot on the corner.

1 comment:

  1. Ummm...Happy Mother's Day!?! Welcome to "The Club". Glad you managed a pic at the end of Mother's Day...I have so few with me and my babies :( Costco was probably packed! (I like the part about the Asian pedicure...lol)

    ReplyDelete